Real Estate Attorneys in Portland, Oregon
If you are interested in selling or purchasing real estate in the Portland, Oregon area, you can greatly benefit by retaining the legal guidance of a qualified real estate attorney from Kivel & Howard. Working with a knowledgeable legal team while negotiating, documenting, or closing real estate transactions can help to ensure you are able to complete the process in an efficient and effective manner.
The real estate attorneys at Kivel & Howard in Portland, Oregon have decades of combined experience helping clients protect their legal rights and best interests while conducting real estate transactions. Whether this is your first purchase, or you have sold numerous properties, our team provides an array of services to ensure the real estate acquisition processes go smoothly and as intended. Our team is committed to helping clients handle issues surrounding planning and developing as well as constructing new property for personal or professional use. Our attorneys strive to provide trusted legal representation to help our clients with real estate transactions on a cross-disciplinary basis. Contact our real estate attorneys in Portland, Oregon as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
What is a Real Estate Attorney?
A real estate attorney is a seasoned attorney who is authorized to prepare and review documents and contracts surrounding the sale or purchase of a home, business, or land. Many people find working with a real estate attorney to be extremely beneficial. Attorneys are able to search titles, oversee contract negotiations, and ensure all legal requirements are met and followed during the acquisition of real estate. Real estate attorneys are invaluable to both individuals and companies alike.
In some cases, real estate attorneys are able to help you overcome financial problems and credit issues. Attorneys can best help you understand the legal options and rights afforded to you as a purchaser or seller of property. Some of the ways our team at Kivel & Howard can help individuals include:
- Earnest money agreements
- Deeds or trusts
- Family transfers of property
- Negotiations for selling or purchasing property
- Real estate contracts
- Earnest money agreements
Our team also handles an array of services for developers and contractors, including:
- Construction defect litigation
- Drafting and litigation commercial leases
- Real estate negotiation/acquisitions
- Design and construction contracts
Additionally, we strive to help real estate professionals handle broker-buyer-seller disputes and toxic mold issues. Whether you are selling or purchasing a property, it is crucial that you protect your legal rights throughout the entire process. Contact our real estate attorneys in Portland, Oregon to see how we can help you.
Financial Investments are Necessary with Real Estate Acquisition
Acquiring property for commercial use, or even personal use requires a substantial financial investment. This type of investment is made by interested parties who all seek to use the property in one way or another. Working with a skilled and knowledgeable real estate attorney in Portland, Oregon can help to ensure your investments are protected. Our team at Kivel & Howard is well-versed in handling legal issues involved with the purchase of real property throughout the state of Oregon.
Over the years, our team has helped our clients conduct various real estate transactions involving a complexity of issues, including:
- Contracts between multiple co-investors for a property.
- Contracts and arrangements between buyers and other real estate professionals.
- The financial arrangements surrounding the purchase of real property or land for building.
- Information regarding zoning considerations and expectations.
- Negotiating the terms of each purchase to ensure it reflects the best interests and the desires of our clients.
- Conducting title searches for liens and other issues.
- Arranging inspections for properties.
Regardless of what point you are in with the purchase or sale of real estate, there are potential issues that can come up. Retaining the legal guidance of a knowledgeable real estate attorney in Oregon can help to ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected. Additionally, working with a skilled legal team can help to ensure you are likely to experience a successful and worry-free acquisition process.
Our Team helps Clients with Complex Real Estate Transactions
When it comes to the sale or purchase of real estate, it is imperative that you are able to perform various tasks required of you without having to face any major delays or setbacks. Our real estate attorneys at Kivel & Howard in Portland, Oregon understand how crucial it is to engage in the efficient and effective acquisition of real estate. For this reason, our team strives to coordinate the acquisition of real property with all other aspects of the project to ensure you are in the best position possible to move forward with your intentions for the land. Our team pays critical attention to each detail to ensure the budgetary, financing, environmental reviews, and construction scheduling issues are handled and taken into consideration during the property acquisition process. Furthermore, our attorneys work diligently to defend our clients with regards to claims against them during real estate transactions.
Our team is dedicated to helping clients complete the sale and purchase of property as quickly and smoothly as possible. To do so, we assist clients with handling an array of tasks, including:
- The appraisal of the real estate
- The valuation of the property
- Negotiating fair prices that reflect the best interests of our clients
- Drafting purchase agreements that best demonstrate the needs and desires of our clients
- Handling contaminated property
- Contracts and deeds
- Representing clients while handling landlord and tenant issues
- Handling tax-deferred exchanges
- Settling remediation issues
- Following relocation guidelines
- Representing our clients during administrative hearings, whenever required
- Handling matters involving the pre-condemnation of a property and those involving regulatory or physical takings
- Handle issues involving inverse condemnation
- Handling blight issues, right-to-take issues, and public purpose problems
- Handling the loss of goodwill and other impacts on business
Our team at Kivel & Howard is dedicated to helping our clients engage in successful transactions surrounding the acquisition or sale of real estate. We firmly believe that our clients’ success accurately reflects our capabilities to provide exceptional legal representation, which is why we strive to ensure each client we work with is able to reach their purchase goals. Not only do we assist clients when it comes to handling the sales and purchases of properties, but we provide an array of services for clients handling general real estate litigation matters. Some issues we handle include:
- Resolving property disputes between neighbors.
- Preparing lease agreements for landlords.
- Advising parties on various ways to respect the rights and responsibilities of others involved in a real estate contract.
- Preparing commercial leases.
- Handling foreclosures.
- Handling matters surrounding the breach of an agreement or eviction.
Our attorneys work hard to ensure the purchase and sale of a property goes smoothly and that each issue is handled in a swift and professional manner. Contact our law firm in Portland, Oregon today to see how we can help you with the acquisition or sale of real property.
Services We Provide for Our Clients in Portland, Oregon
The attorneys at Kivel & Howard are committed to helping clients in Portland and throughout Oregon every step of the way when it comes to the purchase or sale of a property. Our attorneys work diligently to handle all issues and challenges that arise so our clients are able to move forward with their real estate transactions knowing their legal rights and best interests are protected.
Some of our areas of expertise when it comes to real estate transactions include:
- The acquisition of bank-owned
- Acquiring mixed-use projects in Portland.
- Site acquisition for housing complexes, real estate locations, industrial building lots, and a variety of other development types.
- Skilled nursing facilities, senior housing facilities, and assisted living facilities.
- Purchasing dialysis centers, hospitals, and other health centers.
- Completing land assemblage processes to use a property for parks, conservations, commercial use, sporting facilities, casinos, arenas, and other developments.
- Acquiring land for shopping centers, industrial facilities, hotel properties, office complexes, retail facilities, and other residential processes.
Our attorneys work diligently to assist clients, regardless of the industry they work in, to ensure they are in the best position possible to move forward with their purchase and development. To do so, our real estate attorneys in Portland assist clients with:
- Property tax management
- Tax structuring for various entities
- Architectural or construction contracting
- Environmental due diligence
- Green leasing or building
- Financing of property or projects
- Planned use developments
If you are interested in performing a real estate acquisition, contact our attorneys at Kivel & Howard as soon as possible to get started. Our attorneys are available to help you get started at your earliest convenience. Schedule a consultation with our team so we can discuss the legal options available for you.
Assisting Clients in the Housing Industry
We understand the challenges that come with developing property for housing projects. Whether you are interested in creating a multi-family housing complex, student housing facility, or even a retirement community, our attorneys are standing by to help you get started. Kivel & Howard’s real estate attorneys in Portland, Oregon have decades of experience helping lenders, developers, and property owners in Oregon to ensure they are able to move forward with the development, planning, construction, financing, and acquiring of property throughout our state. Our team is committed to ensuring our clients receive top-quality representation every step of the way during the acquisition of their real property so they are in the best position to complete their projects as planned.
Helping Clients Purchase Property for the Healthcare Industry
When it comes to purchasing property to be used for healthcare facilities, it is imperative that the facility and the land adheres to state, local, national, and regional rules, laws, and regulations. Our team strives to help lenders, developers, investors, groups of physicians, dentists, institutions, and various other owners and operators secure the property they need for their healthcare developments. Our attorneys strive to educate our clients and help them with the licensing, financing, development, leasing, and acquiring of their facilities in the best way possible.
Kivel & Howard can Help You
There are numerous unanticipated issues that can come up at any time during the purchase or sale of real estate. Encountering financial problems, licensing issues, permitting problems, and various other complications can derail a transaction and completely disrupt your ability to secure property and begin building. For this reason, it is imperative that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities. Acting with due diligence to avoid being subjected to costly and timely litigations is crucial. Working with a skilled and knowledgeable real estate attorney in Portland, Oregon can help to ensure your transaction goes as planned.
The attorneys at Kivel & Howard have decades of experience assisting clients with the purchase and sale of real estate in Portland and throughout the state of Oregon. Our team strives to provide each client with one-stop-shop solutions to ensure they are able to protect their best interests and legal rights while handling all legal matters surrounding the acquisition of land and establishing a business for the property. Our team is dedicated to helping clients move forward in the best position possible. If you are interested in selling or purchasing real estate, contact our Portland, Oregon law firm at your earliest convenience to see how we can help you. Contact our team by calling (503) 796-0909 or (503) 802-4800 to schedule a case evaluation with our team to discuss legal options available for you.