Portland, OR – One Injured in N Lombard St Pedestrian Crash near N Macrum AveOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (October 13, 2022) – A traffic accident took place on Monday morning in the Portland area that left one person with injuries. On October 10, the Portland Police Bureau responded to a crash that occurred on north Lombard Street.
According to local law enforcement, at around 8:45 a.m., a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on north Lombard Street in the area of North Macrum Avenue.
The pedestrian suffered injuries as a result of the crash and had to be rushed to a local medical facility.
The police department is investigating the circumstances surrounding the pedestrian crash at this time.
We hope the injured pedestrian is able to make a full recovery following this accident.
Pedestrian Accidents in Oregon
Every year, thousands of people are injured as a result of crashes that take place right here in the state of Oregon. Many people involved in these accidents are left with severe injuries that impact their lives forever. Some of the most common injuries reported in pedestrian crashes that we see here in the Portland area include:
- Broken Bones: When a pedestrian is hit by a car, they often fall to the ground with great force. This can result in broken bones, including fractures to the legs, arms, pelvis, and ribs. In some cases, these fractures can be extremely serious and may require surgery to repair.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The spine is very vulnerable during a car accident, and spinal cord injuries are not uncommon. These types of injuries can range from minor to severe, which can result in paralysis. In some cases, spinal cord injuries can even be fatal.
- Internal Organ Injuries: The force of a car collision can also cause internal organs to be damaged or displaced. This includes organs such as the lungs, spleen, or kidneys.
Unfortunately, many accidents that we see here in Oregon are caused by negligence. Leading factors and collisions across our state include:
- Speeding: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding is one of the most commonly reported factors in vehicle collisions across the United States.
- Distracted driving: This has become an increasingly common problem with the proliferation of cell phones and other electronic devices. Drivers who are distracted by their devices are more likely to cause accidents.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving is a leading cause of car accidents and fatalities. If you plan on drinking, make sure to have a designated driver.
- Weather conditions: Inclement weather can make driving more difficult and dangerous. Be sure to take extra caution when driving in rain, snow, or ice.
If you’ve been hurt as a result of a pedestrian accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the responsible driver. A Portland pedestrian accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your damages.
Our Portland personal injury team at Kivel & Howard has decades of experience helping injured parties seek compensation to cover the damages they face. Following your crash, we can help you get the money you need to cover your medical care costs, reduce the impact of lost wages, and help you move forward in the best way possible.
Schedule a consultation with our team at your earliest convenience by calling (503) 796-0909 and (503) 802-4800 to see how our Oregon personal injury lawyers can help you.
Note: We utilize several outside sources when creating this accident news post for Kivel & Howard. Our sources include news and media outlets, state and local police incident reports as well as statements taken from individuals who have witnessed the accident. Because of this, the facts surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our writing staff. If you find any information that is inaccurate in our story, let us know and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post from our site upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are written with the intent to provide Oregonians with overall driving and safety information in an effort to reduce the number of serious accidents that take place on our roads and highways. These posts are not intended to provide medical or legal advice of any kind. The photograph used in this story is not representative of the actual accident scene.