Portland, OR – Injury Crash Reported at NE 82nd Ave & NE Sandy BlvdOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (September 29, 2022) – A motor vehicle wreck took place in the Portland area that resulted in injuries. At around 3:55 p.m., on September 28, the police in Portland responded to the scene of a crash that took place on Northeast 82nd Avenue.
Reports from the police show that a crash blocked Northeast 82nd Avenue in the area near Northeast Sandy Boulevard during the afternoon hours. The incident caused disruptions in traffic throughout the area.
Medical personnel was dispatched to the scene of the crash. At least one person was treated for injuries and transported to a local hospital.
The police in Portland are investigating the crash at this time.
We hope the injured parties recover quickly following this crash.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Every year, thousands of people are hospitalized as a result of traffic collisions in the state of Oregon. Many people suffer from injuries that require medical care. Common injuries reported crashes in crashes in our state include:
- Neck pain: Injuries to the neck can be caused by whiplash, vertebral compression, or other blunt trauma. These injuries can cause severe pain and difficulty moving the head and neck. Treatment may include medication and therapy to improve mobility and relieve pain.
- Spinal cord injury: A spinal cord injury results when the spinal cord is damaged or severed as a result of the accident. This can lead to paralysis below the level of the injury, loss of ability to feel pain, and difficulty breathing. In some cases, individuals may require extensive rehabilitation to recover full function.
- Brain injury: A brain injury can be life-threatening if not treated immediately. Symptoms may include confusion, dizziness, headache, memory problems, and seizures. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Oregon, seek immediate medical attention.
- Head injuries: Head injuries from car accidents often result in concussions or other head trauma. These injuries can cause pain and swelling, as well as confusion, impaired vision, and impaired hearing. In some cases, head injuries may require surgery to remove debris or bleeding.
- Spinal cord injury: spinal cord injuries can occur in any part of the body and can result in paralysis below the level of the injury. Individuals with spinal cord injuries may experience difficulty walking, talking, or even breathing. Rehabilitation may be required to help them regain full function.
Suffering a serious injury as a result of a crash can impact your life in various ways. Unfortunately, victims of car crashes often face significant financial burdens. If you have been hurt as a result of a crash caused by a negligent driver, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them. A car accident lawyer in Portland can help you determine the best course of action.
Our Portland personal injury lawyers at Kivel & Howard have decades of experience helping injured parties seek compensation to help alleviate the costs they face. Schedule a consultation with our team today at (503) 796-0909 and (503) 802-4800 to discuss the legal options available for you.
Note: We utilize several outside sources when creating this accident news post for Kivel & Howard. Our sources include news and media outlets, state and local police incident reports as well as statements taken from individuals who have witnessed the accident. Because of this, the facts surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our writing staff. If you find any information that is inaccurate in our story, let us know and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post from our site upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are written with the intent to provide Oregonians with overall driving and safety information in an effort to reduce the number of serious accidents that take place on our roads and highways. These posts are not intended to provide medical or legal advice of any kind. The photograph used in this story is not representative of the actual accident scene.