Portland, OR – Injury Accident Reported on SW Salmon St near SW 9th AveOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (September 16, 2022) – A motor vehicle collision reported in the Portland area ended in injuries. At around 1:35 p.m., on September 15, officers with the Portland police Bureau assisted firefighters at the scene of a crash on Southwest Salmon Street.
Preliminary reports show that a collision between vehicles occurred on Southwest Salmon Street near Southwest 9th Avenue during the early afternoon hours. The police department and firefighters blocked off multiple lanes of the roadway while assisting at the scene.
Injuries were confirmed as a result of this accident.
At least one person was transported to a local medical facility for the treatment of injuries.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
We hope the victims injured in this accident make a full recovery.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Crashes occur daily in the state of Oregon that result in injuries. We see many people left with severe injuries like:
- Broken bones: When a car crashes, it can cause fractures in many different parts of the body. These fractures can often lead to long-term pain and disability.
- Brain damage: In some cases, a car crash can cause extensive brain damage. This can lead to long-term problems, including memory loss, difficulty with thinking and communication, and even death.
- Spinal cord injuries: Accidents involving cars can also cause spinal cord injuries. These injuries can often leave people unable to walk or move their arms and legs. They may also experience severe pain throughout their body.
Unfortunately, crashes can take place for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Oregon are:
- Distracted driving: engaging in any activity that takes your attention away from the road, including texting or chatting on a phone, eating, or drinking.
- Tiredness or sleep deprivation: being too tired to drive safely.
- Foggy or snowy conditions: making it difficult to see the road ahead.
- Inattention: not paying enough attention to the road.
- Driver error: failing to obey traffic laws, such as speeding, running a red light, or making an unsafe turn.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Portland, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can provide guidance on what you should do next and help protect your rights.
At Kivel & Howard, our team is committed to helping injured parties know their legal rights following accidents. Our personal injury lawyers in Portland can help you pursue a personal injury case against the person who is at fault.
Our lawyers will help you collect documentation of your injuries, gather evidence from the scene, and take various other steps to ensure you have the strongest claim possible to prove your case and get you the compensation for damages that you need and deserve.
Schedule a consultation at our Oregon law firm today by calling (503) 796-0909 and (503) 802-4800 to get started on your case.
Note: We utilize several outside sources when creating this accident news post for Kivel & Howard. Our sources include news and media outlets, state and local police incident reports as well as statements taken from individuals who have witnessed the accident. Because of this, the facts surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our writing staff. If you find any information that is inaccurate in our story, let us know and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post from our site upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are written with the intent to provide Oregonians with overall driving and safety information in an effort to reduce the number of serious accidents that take place on our roads and highways. These posts are not intended to provide medical or legal advice of any kind. The photograph used in this story is not representative of the actual accident scene.