Portland, OR – Injuries Follow Traffic Collision on N Greeley Ave near N Interstate AveOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (December 16, 2022) – A vehicle accident occurred in the Portland area on Thursday afternoon that resulted in confirmed injuries, according to the Portland Police Bureau.
Just after 3 p.m., on December 15, police officers were called to provide assistance at the scene of a traffic crash that took place on north Greeley Avenue. Law enforcement reports indicate that a crash blocked the roadway near North Interstate Avenue.
Emergency crews responded to the scene to provide treatment to the victims who suffered injuries. Medics then transported the injured victims to local hospitals for further care.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We hope the victims injured due to this traffic accident recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Every year, car crashes in the state of Oregon leave thousands of people injured. Many victims are left with significant injuries that require extensive medical treatment. In many cases, people are hurt in car crashes due to drivers who engage in acts of negligence. In fact, there are a number of factors that can contribute to a car crash here in Oregon that results in injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Speeding: Exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for the conditions is one of the leading causes of crashes that result in injuries.
- Impaired Driving: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol increases the risk of being involved in a crash that causes injuries.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on the phone, and other forms of distracted driving takes a driver’s focus off the road and increase the chance of being involved in an injury-causing crash.
- Drowsy Driving: Fatigue can cause drivers to make mistakes or even fall asleep at the wheel, leading to serious crashes.
- Weather Conditions: Poor weather, such as snow storms and heavy rain, can make roads slick and dangerous, increasing the likelihood of an accident occurring.
If another driver’s careless or reckless actions have caused you harm, you may be able to file a personal injury case against the responsible driver. A Portland car accident lawyer can help you seek compensation to cover the damages that you face.
No one wants to be hurt as a result of a traffic collision. However, if you are involved in a crash, it’s important to know your rights. The attorneys at Kivel & Howard are here to help you get the justice you deserve following your accident. We offer a free initial consultation so that we can assess your case and see how we can best help you. Call us today at (503) 796-0909 or (503) 802-4800 to schedule your free consultation.
Note: We utilize several outside sources when creating this accident news post for Kivel & Howard. Our sources include news and media outlets, state and local police incident reports as well as statements taken from individuals who have witnessed the accident. Because of this, the facts surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our writing staff. If you find any information that is inaccurate in our story, let us know and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post from our site upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are written with the intent to provide Oregonians with overall driving and safety information in an effort to reduce the number of serious accidents that take place on our roads and highways. These posts are not intended to provide medical or legal advice of any kind. The photograph used in this story is not representative of the actual accident scene.