Portland, OR – Injuries Follow Automobile Accident on Sunset Highway near Canyon TunnelOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (April 24, 2023) – Officers with the Portland Police Bureau were summoned to assist at the scene of an automobile accident that took place on Sunday morning and ended in injuries.
The accident was reported by the police at approximately 8:20 a.m. on April 23.
Reports provided by PPB show that vehicles collided on the westbound side of Sunset Highway. The incident blocked multiple lanes of the road near Canyon Tunnel.
Firefighters responded to the scene to provide assistance to area police. Emergency crews worked quickly to clear the scene of the accident and to remove the damaged vehicles.
At least one person was transported to a local hospital, where they underwent treatment for the injuries they suffered.
The police in Portland are currently investigating the accident.
We hope those who have suffered injuries as a result of this motor vehicle collision are able to make a full recovery. Our thoughts are with them at this time.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Car accidents are reported every day in the state of Oregon. Many of these accidents have an overwhelming impact on the lives of those involved. Some of the most common injuries that victims of car crashes suffer from include:
- Internal organ injuries: Internal organ injuries can be incredibly life-threatening. This is especially true if medical aid is not rendered in a timely manner. Unfortunately, it is all too common for victims of car accidents to suffer from lung punctures, spleen damage, and kidney damage in accidents.
- Whiplash injury: This injury is particularly painful for sufferers. We see many people experience a range of motion limitation, pain, and an inability to lift heavy objects as a result of these injuries.
- Concussion: Concussions can be particularly devastating due to the fact that they can impact a victim’s balance, their ability to concentrate, and cause overwhelming pain.
- Fractured bones: Bone fractures are especially painful for victims. Depending on the type of fracture a victim suffers from, they may have to go through emergency surgery to help it heal.
- Spinal cord injuries: These debilitating injuries can result in paralysis for sufferers. Unfortunately, victims who suffer from spinal cord injuries often have to rely on medical devices and other people indefinitely.
If you have been hurt as a result of a car crash, you may be able to take legal action. If another person’s negligent or reckless actions have caused you harm, reaching out to a Portland car accident lawyer can help to ensure your legal rights are protected and that they are held accountable.
At Kivel & Howard, our team of experienced lawyers will work closely with you to fight for your rights and ensure that you receive justice and that the person who caused your pain and suffering is held accountable. Our team will fight diligently to ensure you are able to recover full compensation for your medical costs, lost earnings, and a variety of other damages resulting from your crash. To get started on your case, reach out to our Oregon personal injury law firm today at (503) 796-0909 or (503) 802-4800 to schedule a free consultation.