Portland, OR – Auto Wreck with Injuries Reported at NE 82nd Ave & E Burnside StOregon Legal News
Portland, OR (November 14, 2022) – The Portland Police Bureau responded to the scene of a traffic accident that resulted in injuries. Calls for assistance came in regarding a crash that took place on November 13.
At around 12:46 p.m., a traffic collision occurred on Northeast 82nd Avenue at the intersection of East Burnside Street. The incident caused delays throughout the area. PPV and firefighters responded to the site of the crash to provide assistance. Medical personnel also responded to the crash scene. At least one person suffered injuries and was providing care at the scene by paramedics. The victims were then transported to area hospitals.
The Portland Police Bureau is actively investigating the crash.
We hope the victims hurt as a result of this accident recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Each year, tens of thousands of vehicle collisions are reported in the state of Oregon. Many of these accidents result in serious injuries for those involved. Some of the most common injuries that are reported in traffic collisions across our state include:
- Broken bones: Broken bones are one of the most common injuries that can occur in a car accident. The force of the impact can cause bones to break or fracture. Common areas for broken bones include the ribs, arms, and legs.
- Internal organ injuries: Internal organ injuries can also occur in a car accident. The force of the impact can cause organs to rupture or bleed. This type of injury is often life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention.
- Cuts and abrasions: Cuts and abrasions are also common after a car accident. These wounds can be caused by flying glass or debris from the impact. In severe cases, these injuries can lead to nerve and muscle damage for victims. It can also lead to permanent scarring.
We see countless victims hospitalized with these and other severe injuries as a result of crashes that are caused by acts of negligence. Unfortunately, leading factors in traffic collisions across their state include:
- Drivers who are distracted.
- Drivers who are impaired.
- Drivers who fail to yield.
- Drivers who run red lights.
- Drivers who pass stop signs.
If you’ve been hurt as a result of a motor vehicle accident that was caused by a driver’s careless or reckless actions, a car accident lawyer in Portland can help you pursue legal action. Following your accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation to alleviate the costs that you face moving forward.
Our Portland personal injury lawyers at Kivel & Howard can help you seek timely compensation to alleviate the costs you face throughout the recovery process and beyond. We will guide you through the legal process and fight to get you justice. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to get started. Contact our Oregon personal injury lawyers today at (503) 796-0909 and (503) 802-4800 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you move forward.
Note: We utilize several outside sources when creating this accident news post for Kivel & Howard. Our sources include news and media outlets, state and local police incident reports as well as statements taken from individuals who have witnessed the accident. Because of this, the facts surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our writing staff. If you find any information that is inaccurate in our story, let us know and we will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove this post from our site upon request.
Disclaimer: These posts are written with the intent to provide Oregonians with overall driving and safety information in an effort to reduce the number of serious accidents that take place on our roads and highways. These posts are not intended to provide medical or legal advice of any kind. The photograph used in this story is not representative of the actual accident scene.