Banks, OR – Life Flight Requested at Highway 26 Crash near MM 30Oregon Legal News
Banks, OR (April 4, 2023) – A major motor vehicle accident was reported in the Banks area on Sunday that ended in injuries.
At around 6:15 p.m. on April 2, emergency crews were called to provide help on-site at a car crash on Highway 26.
According to officials, a collision between vehicles occurred on the highway, prompting the complete closure of the road near mile marker 30. The Oregon State Police and Banks Fire Department responded to assist.
At least one person suffered severe injuries in the accident. Life Flight was requested at the scene to transport at least one person to a local hospital for further care.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We hope the injured victim recovers quickly.
Car Accidents in Oregon
Motor vehicle accidents take place every day in Oregon. Quite often, these accidents are caused by negligent and reckless drivers. Leading factors in vehicle accidents across our state include:
- Intoxicated motorists operating their vehicles on our busy roadways.
- Drivers who are texting on their phones or talking to people while behind the wheel.
- Drivers who fail to yield to others while switching lanes or while pulling onto the roadway.
- Drivers who disregard traffic control devices at intersections.
After being harmed in a vehicle collision as a result of another driver’s negligence, injured parties are able to seek financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim against the reckless driver.
Some of the damages that you can recover for your personal injury claim include:
- Funds to help make up for the money you will not be earning while you are recovering from the car accident that forced you to take time off of work.
- If the accident left you permanently incapacitated, any lost wages that you will incur over the course of your lifetime will be compensated.
- Any amount of money that you require for the immediate expenses associated with your medical care. This may include money to cover costs associated with surgery, hospitalization, medicine, and other related expenses.
Having the strongest case possible against the defendant is critical. Gathering evidence from various sources, including the site of the accident, witness statements, in the police report, is crucial when it comes to proving what happened. A Banks car accident lawyer can help you build your case against the defendant and demand compensation for your damages.
The knowledgeable and experienced attorneys at Kivel & Howard are here to support you and fight for your legal rights. We know that navigating this process is both difficult and daunting, which is why we provide tailored legal representation services to ensure each client’s individual needs are met with effectiveness. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, do not hesitate to reach out to our skilled team by calling (503) 796-0909 or (503) 802-4800 today. We will strive relentlessly while fighting on your behalf so that you can be fully and fairly compensated for your injuries following the traumatic incident.